Blooms opened in March of 2006, and after 9 years in Madison, we moved to Verona! We design floral arrangements for many people, occasions, and events in the Greater Madison Area. Where ever our clients may take us and no matter how much we grow, Blooms first love is weddings!
Our breathtaking blooms have been featured in Wisconsin Bride, Brava, The Wedding Planner and Guide, Love Madison Weddings 2016 Calendar, awarded WeddingWire 2017 couples’ choice award and voted The Knot Best of Weddings multiple years including 2020!
Brandi Mueller – Owner
Brandi has been designing since 1997 when a chance interview turned her into a floral design apprentice. When not working on bridal bouquets Brandi loves to travel and snuggle with her pets.
Ten fun facts about Brandi
- My favorite flower always changes.
- I live in the house I grew up in.
- I met my husband on e-harmony.
- I got married after knowing my husband for 7 months!!!
- I need pets in my life.
- I have two kids Violet and Ethan.
- My siblings are all adopted from South Korea.
- My flower shop is less than a block from where I started my flower career.
- I have been a vegetarian since the age of 6.
- I lived on Hilton Head Island in SC for 1 year just so I could say I didn’t live in Wisconsin my whole life.
Darby Hoffman – Floral & Events Manager
Darby joined Blooms in fall of 2020 after following her heart to this wonderful shop. Before working in floral design, Darby graduated from UW-Madison with degrees in journalism and gender & women’s studies. From there, she went on to work in advertising for hair, beauty and hospitality brands from all around the world. Now, she’s excited to help customers bring their creative visions to life through florals!
Ten fun facts about Darby
- I am deeply in love with my old & grouchy fur baby, named Jenny / Jenni-fur / Jean.
- On my days off, you can find me all across Wisconsin shooting engagement, boudoir and maternity photos!
- I briefly packed my bags and moved to Chicago in fall of 2019. But then, you know…Covid.
- I have multiple laughs that come at different octaves and volumes.
- I’m a sucker for moody color palettes full of contrast.
- I’m an avid reader, planner and journaler. If you’re looking for book or office supply recommendations, I’m your gal!
- Growing up, my parents owned Wisconsin’s oldest flower shop, Rindfleisch Flowers in Beloit, Wisconsin.
- Wedding planning is my jam, and I’m here to offer all my ideas & inspiration!
- I am the oldest of four, and my siblings are my BFFs.
- I pride myself on being a professional car-jam-session-haver.
Matt Mueller- Accountant & Garland maker
Matt never dreamed of becoming a florist but his wife had different ideas. Matt does it all, boutonnieres, deliveries, garlands. He’d probably rather be drinking a beer on the beach somewhere, but who wouldn’t?
Ten fun facts about Matt
- I graduated from Elk Mound high school.
- My favorite concert each year is Sonic Boom.
- I love craft beer.
- I like to deliver flowers in my 56 Chevy Bel Air but my wife hates that it doesn’t have seat belts.
- Go Pack Go!
- Buying DVD’s of action movies is my weakness.
- My wife is writing most of this for me.
- I have 2 younger brothers who are much taller than me, but I have all my hair still!
- I ride dirt bikes.
- My favorite vacation spot is Akumal Mexico.
Lila Butler- Floral Designer
Lila started working at Blooms in spring of 2019 during her senior year of high school. Now, she’s grown to be a vital asset to our design team — all while going to school to become a game developer. When she isn’t making arrangements, she is with her dog or playing video games!
Ten Fun Facts about Lila
- I’ve watched Friends over 18 times.
- I want to live in Japan in the future!
- I love green roses.
- My favorite thing to do is nothing.
- I love playing video games.
- Since the pandemic, I’ve been braiding my own hair.
- I’m a huge fan of BTS.
- I can be very shy but bubbly at the same time.
- “It’s not illegal, until you get caught!” *THIS IS A JOKE!*
- I am married to RM from BTS, and I named my dog Koya.
Allison Hoffman – Retail Associate
Allison joined Blooms in the winter of 2021 after seeing how much her older sister Darby loved the shop. She is currently a freshman at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee with a major in Elementary Education and a minor in language arts!
Ten Fun Facts About Allison:
- I have a mini sheltie rescue dog named Aila who spends all of her time either sleeping or herding me.
- I spent the last year as “Miss Beloit’s Outstanding Teen 2019,” a local preliminary title to Miss America’s Outstanding Teen.
- I’m the youngest sibling out of four.
- I am a wildlife foster through Wisconsin WildCare and a dog foster through Diamond Dogs rescue.
- I love to bake!
- I spent all of high school doing theater, totaling almost ten shows.
- I spend my summers working at sweet corn stands through central southern Wisconsin (Let’s go Skelly’s)!
- Raccoons are my favorite animal and I plan to get a raccoon tattoo with my mom in the near future!
- I live on a hobby farm and, at one point, had over 100 animals – twenty of which were goats!
- I LOVE Christmas!
Lynne Liao – Freelance Floral Designer
Lynne studied Biomedical Engineering, pre-medicine and music at Duke University before coming to Madison to work for a medical software company as a project manager. She cannot remember a time when she was not obsessed with flowers! She’s all about improving efficiency in the workplace, while bringing an atmosphere of fun. After all, life is so much better with some adventure and the beauty of blooms! She loves meeting new people, making friend, and visiting new places. Can you tell she’s an extrovert? She can often be found cuddled up with her kitty at home, working on various plant/gardening projects or running half marathons and captaining relay races (Ragnars, anyone?)
Ten Fun Facts About Lynne:
- I was born in China and have an identical twin!
- My furbaby’s name is Lily, and she’s the world’s most beautiful and perfect kitty for me.
- I’ve been in and a part of so many weddings that my friends all joke I could be the girl in 27 Dresses.
- Sports and the outdoors are my jam: running (long-distance), climbing, yoga (200 RYT), stand-up paddle boarding, skiing, hiking, tennis, figure skating…and so much more! But, running is the one activity I am least willing to give up.
- I play piano, violin, guitar and sing.
- I love, love, love aesthetics. Who says you can’t be into both the sciences and the arts? I beg to differ!
- My favorite flower are roses; I want to have a huge David Austen rose garden in the future.
- I love cooking and baking but am not the best at following recipes. I always make stuff up!
- I’m obsessed with plants! Sometimes, people mistake me for professional botanist and/or horticulturist.
- Blooms is like a family to me, and I am so incredibly grateful to be here! <3