Blooms opened in March of 2006, and after 9 years in Madison, we moved to Verona! We design floral arrangements for many people, occasions, and events in the Greater Madison Area. Wherever our clients may take us & no matter how much we grow, Blooms’ first love is weddings!
Our breathtaking blooms have been featured in Wisconsin Bride, Brava, The Wedding Planner & Guide, Love Madison Weddings 2016 Calendar, awarded WeddingWire 2017 couples’ choice award, & voted The Knot Best of Weddings multiple years, including 2020!
Brandi Mueller – Owner, Magic Maker
Brandi has been designing since 1997, when a chance interview turned her into a floral design apprentice. When not working on bridal bouquets, Brandi loves to travel & snuggle with her pets.
Ten fun facts about Brandi:
- My favorite flower always changes.
- I live in the house I grew up in.
- I met my husband on e-Harmony.
- I got married after knowing my husband for 7 months!!!
- I need pets in my life.
- I have two kids Violet & Ethan.
- My siblings are all adopted from South Korea.
- My flower shop is less than a block from where I started my flower career.
- I have been a vegetarian since the age of 6.
- I lived on Hilton Head Island in SC for 1 year just so I could say I didn’t live in Wisconsin my whole life.
Matt Mueller- Accountant & Garland Master
Matt never dreamed of becoming a florist, but his wife had different ideas. Matt does it all: boutonnieres, deliveries, & garlands. He’d probably rather be drinking a beer on the beach somewhere, but who wouldn’t?
Ten fun facts about Matt:
- I graduated from Elk Mound High School.
- My favorite concert each year is Sonic Boom.
- I love craft beer.
- I like to deliver flowers in my ’56 Chevy Bel Air, but my wife hates that it doesn’t have seat belts.
- Go Pack Go!
- Buying DVD’s of action movies is my weakness.
- My wife is writing most of this for me.
- I have 2 younger brothers who are much taller than me, but I have all my hair still!
- I ride dirt bikes.
- My favorite vacation spot is Akumal, Mexico.
Jonah Gerhards – Manager, Flower Cowboy
Jonah moved to Madison in 2017, and after four years of working as a barista, they decided to give the floral world a whirl. When he’s not helping the team at Blooms pull off elegant arrangements & elaborate weddings, Jonah enjoys trying out new vegan recipes, making dad jokes, and thrifting for clothes that someone’s grandma probably donated.
Ten Fun Facts About Jonah:
- My pronouns are they/them/theirs or he/him/his.
- I love astrology & understanding how I interact with folks because of their signs. (I’m an Aries sun!)
- I have flowers tattooed in 13 different spots on my body.
- I love owning houseplants, and being a plant parent really sparked my interest in flowers.
- I am one of the world’s few decaf coffee enthusiasts!
- I used to be part of the anti-sparkling water train, but now you won’t catch me not drinking a can!
- I will never say no to rewatching The Greatest Showman.
- I love doing anything with my hands: baking, cooking, painting, journaling, and most recently, arranging flowers!
- I’ll reference scenes from Parks & Recreation any chance I get.
- I collect crystals & usually carry 2-3 with me at any given moment.
Lila Butler- Senior Floral Designer, Retail Associate
Lila started working at Blooms in spring of 2019 during her senior year of high school. Now, she’s grown to be a vital asset to our design team!
Ten Fun Facts about Lila:
- I’ve watched Friends over 18 times.
- I want to live in Japan in the future!
- I love green roses.
- My favorite thing to do is nothing.
- I love playing video games.
- Since the pandemic, I’ve been braiding my own hair.
- I’m a huge fan of BTS.
- I can be very shy but bubbly at the same time.
- “It’s not illegal, until you get caught!” *THIS IS A JOKE!*
- I am married to RM from BTS, and I named my dog Koya.
Alison Pitt – Delivery Driver, MVP
Alison is from Menomonie, WI and moved to Madison in 2018 to attend school at Madison College. While her degree is in Human Services, she has enjoyed working in creative positions in the past and wanted to give something new a try. She is excited to work at Blooms and learn a new skill, while also bringing a unique background into the shop.
Ten Fun Facts About Alison:
- I went to Madison College & graduated with an associates degree in Human Services.
- I am a Sagittarius.
- I was a cheese monger for 2 years while going to school.
- I am the only one in my family who is not allergic to cats, and after wanting a cat my whole life I just adopted my first kitten, Cleo!
- I enjoy cooking, but I like eating more.
- I am definitely a morning person (but not like an up-at-sunrise person…)
- Everything I know about plants & flowers I learned while gardening with my mom growing up.
- I consider myself a maximalist. I love decorating my apartment with little trinkets & pretty things.
- I also work part time with an elementary after school program (the flower shop is a little quieter).
- One of my favorite flowers is lilacs because I had a lilac bush right outside of my bedroom window where I grew up. It always smelled amazing in the spring!
Lynne Liao – Freelance Floral Designer
Lynne studied Biomedical Engineering, pre-medicine and music at Duke University before coming to Madison to work for a medical software company as a project manager. She cannot remember a time when she was not obsessed with flowers! She’s all about improving efficiency in the workplace, while bringing an atmosphere of fun. After all, life is so much better with some adventure and the beauty of blooms! She loves meeting new people, making friend, and visiting new places. Can you tell she’s an extrovert? She can often be found cuddled up with her kitty at home, working on various plant/gardening projects or running half marathons and captaining relay races (Ragnars, anyone?)
Ten Fun Facts About Lynne:
- I was born in China and have an identical twin!
- My furbaby’s name is Lily, and she’s the world’s most beautiful and perfect kitty for me.
- I’ve been in and a part of so many weddings that my friends all joke I could be the girl in 27 Dresses.
- Sports and the outdoors are my jam: running (long-distance), climbing, yoga (200 RYT), stand-up paddle boarding, skiing, hiking, tennis, figure skating…and so much more! But, running is the one activity I am least willing to give up.
- I play piano, violin, guitar and sing.
- I love, love, love aesthetics. Who says you can’t be into both the sciences and the arts? I beg to differ!
- My favorite flower are roses; I want to have a huge David Austen rose garden in the future.
- I love cooking and baking but am not the best at following recipes. I always make stuff up!
- I’m obsessed with plants! Sometimes, people mistake me for professional botanist and/or horticulturist.
- Blooms is like a family to me, and I am so incredibly grateful to be here! <3