Blooms opened in March of 2006, and after 9 years in Madison, we moved to Verona! We design floral arrangements for many people, occasions, and events in the Greater Madison Area. Wherever our clients may take us & no matter how much we grow, Blooms’ first love is weddings!
Our breathtaking blooms have been featured in Wisconsin Bride, Brava, The Wedding Planner & Guide, Love Madison Weddings 2016 Calendar, awarded WeddingWire 2017 couples’ choice award, & voted The Knot Best of Weddings multiple years, including 2020!
Brandi Mueller – Owner, Magic Maker
Brandi has been designing since 1997, when a chance interview turned her into a floral design apprentice. When not working on bridal bouquets, Brandi loves to travel & snuggle with her pets.
Ten fun facts about Brandi:
- My favorite flower always changes.
- I live in the house I grew up in.
- I met my husband on e-Harmony.
- I got married after knowing my husband for 7 months!!!
- I need pets in my life.
- I have two kids Violet & Ethan.
- My siblings are all adopted from South Korea.
- My flower shop is less than a block from where I started my flower career.
- I have been a vegetarian since the age of 6.
- I lived on Hilton Head Island in SC for 1 year just so I could say I didn’t live in Wisconsin my whole life.
Matt Mueller- Accountant & Garland Master
Matt never dreamed of becoming a florist, but his wife had different ideas. Matt does it all: boutonnieres, deliveries, & garlands. He’d probably rather be drinking a beer on the beach somewhere, but who wouldn’t?
Ten fun facts about Matt:
- I graduated from Elk Mound High School.
- My favorite concert each year is Sonic Boom.
- I love craft beer.
- I like to deliver flowers in my ’56 Chevy Bel Air, but my wife hates that it doesn’t have seat belts.
- Go Pack Go!
- Buying DVD’s of action movies is my weakness.
- My wife is writing most of this for me.
- I have 2 younger brothers who are much taller than me, but I have all my hair still!
- I ride dirt bikes.
- My favorite vacation spot is Akumal, Mexico.
Jonah Gerhards – Former Manager, Flower Cowboy
Jonah moved to Madison in 2017, and after four years of working as a barista, they decided to give the floral world a whirl. When he’s not helping the team at Blooms pull off elegant arrangements & elaborate weddings, Jonah enjoys trying out new vegan recipes, making dad jokes, and thrifting for clothes that someone’s grandma probably donated. Jonah recently moved to Portland, Oregon and you can pay him a visit here at their new workplace!
Ten Fun Facts About Jonah:
- My pronouns are they/them/theirs or he/him/his.
- I love astrology & understanding how I interact with folks because of their signs. (I’m an Aries sun!)
- I have flowers tattooed in 13 different spots on my body.
- I love owning houseplants, and being a plant parent really sparked my interest in flowers.
- I am one of the world’s few decaf coffee enthusiasts!
- I used to be part of the anti-sparkling water train, but now you won’t catch me not drinking a can!
- I will never say no to rewatching The Greatest Showman.
- I love doing anything with my hands: baking, cooking, painting, journaling, and most recently, arranging flowers!
- I’ll reference scenes from Parks & Recreation any chance I get.
- I collect crystals & usually carry 2-3 with me at any given moment.
Lila Butler- Senior Floral Designer, Flower Princess
Lila started working at Blooms in spring of 2019 during her senior year of high school. Now, she’s grown to be a vital asset to our design team!
Ten Fun Facts about Lila:
- I’ve watched Friends over 18 times.
- I want to live in Japan in the future!
- I love green roses.
- My favorite thing to do is nothing.
- I love playing video games.
- Since the pandemic, I’ve been braiding my own hair.
- I’m a huge fan of BTS.
- I can be very shy but bubbly at the same time.
- “It’s not illegal, until you get caught!” *THIS IS A JOKE!*
- I am married to RM from BTS, and I named my dog Koya.
Alison Pitt – Contessa of Carnations, MVP
Alison is from Menomonie, WI and moved to Madison in 2018 to attend school at Madison College. While her degree is in Human Services, she has enjoyed working in creative positions in the past and wanted to give something new a try. She is excited to work at Blooms and learn a new skill, while also bringing a unique background into the shop.
Ten Fun Facts About Alison:
- I went to Madison College & graduated with an associates degree in Human Services.
- I am a Sagittarius.
- I was a cheese monger for 2 years while going to school.
- I am the only one in my family who is not allergic to cats, and after wanting a cat my whole life I adopted my first cat, Cleo.
- I enjoy cooking, but I like eating more.
- I am definitely a morning person.
- Everything I know about plants & flowers I learned while gardening with my mom growing up.
- I consider myself a maximalist. I love decorating my apartment with little trinkets & pretty things.
- I won’t stand for carnation slander!! They deserve love & appreciation too!
- One of my favorite flowers are lilacs. I had a lilac bush right outside of my bedroom window where I grew up & it always smelled amazing in the spring!
Izzi Koele – Manager & Chronic Virgo
Izzi grew up in Waterloo, WI and moved to Madison in 2021 after studying Education and Studio Art at Carthage College. Recently they took a hiatus from Education to focus on their one true love; creative design. Izzi loves to create printmakes and paintings, learn to play new instruments, and spend time traveling with their partner.
Ten Fun Facts About Izzi:
- I adopted an orange cat name Ladybird who I love dearly.
- My favorite bands are Hippo Campus and Walk the Moon, and I even caught Walk the Moon’s Drum Stick!
- I love to collect funky sunglasses of all shapes and sizes.
- My favorite houseplant is my Krimson Princess Hoya.
- I am the oldest of four siblings and have three younger brothers.
- My favorite floral scent is Gardenia.
- I love to watch Studio Ghibli movies! My favorite is Howl’s Moving Castle.
- My favorite season is Autumn because of the spooky ambiance.
- In my free time I’m often working on painting commissions.
- My dream is to one day backpack across Europe and explore my roots in the Netherlands.
Bonnie Hyduke – Flower Sorceress & Corsage Queen
Bonnie has lived in Madison for about 22 years with her husband. She started her journey in florals in a convenience store, and has since gained 20 years of experience creating bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres and arrangments for every occassion.
Ten Fun Facts About Bonnie:
- I’m currently building & designing a haunted, Victorian doll-house.
- My favorite holiday is Halloween.
- I’ve been happily married to Jim for 20 years.
- I love to go antiquing and collect vintage things.
- I love creating paintings, especially of my pets and other animals.
- I have two rescue dogs named Itsy and Vespa.
- Vespa is a rescue from Thailand (Thailand Street Paw) and was even featured on the Dodo.
- Jim & I planted a flower garden at home to attract bees, butterflies, hummingbirds & other pollinators.
- I love to watch old Hollywood black & white movies.
- My favorite vacation spot was in once Europe, but now it’s camping undeneath the stars with my husband and dogs.